I’ve been doing quite a bit of unit testing on the Flex part of our new product lately and this has led me to fix a few issues and add some improvements to my FlexUnit Test Runner, I’ve been running with these fixes and improvements for a couple of weeks and finally took some time out yesterday evening to package them up so I could release them.
The key changes are:
- Release has two downloads – one compiled to Flex 2.0.1 and one to Flex 3 – as it appears changes to Flex internals meant you couldn’t use the Flex 2.0.1 compiled swc in a Flex 3 project.
- Fixed: Issue where error thrown when no test results selected.
- Fixed: Issue where resizing columns could cause the itemRenderer for the status to display horizontal scrollbar.
- Added: Ability to choose whether to display test results live or wait until all tests complete (as displaying them live results in slower execution of tests, as it’s constantly updating the UI) – this is saved as a preference.
- Added: Ability to toggle display of the class path for the test case – this is saved as a preference.
- Added: Test result details now extract Expected & Was from message string for failures and display in a manner that is easier to compare.
- Changed: Test details now displayed on change rather than click event, to allow keyboard navigation of test results.
Head over to the FlexUnit Test Runner code page for all the downloads and to see the updated demo.